Elton B. Harvey III
Attorney since 1986
Elton (Bud) Harvey has been an attorney since 1986. His practice involves commercial and residential transactional matters, real estate litigation, business and probate law. Prior to entering into private practice in 1988, he owned his own title abstract company and was employed as a Manager and State Counsel for two major title insurance companies. He is an Emeritus Member and past Chair of the Executive Committee of the Connecticut Bar Association Real Property Section, a member of the Standardized Contract Subcommittee and the Residential Specialization Subcommittee. He is also a Fellow in the American College of Mortgage Attorneys. Attorney Harvey is rated as AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell, a rating given to attorneys who are ranked at the highest level of professional excellence for their legal expertise, communication skills, and ethical standards by their peers.
Bud Harvey often serves as an expert in real property matters before the Courts of the State of Connecticut. A frequent lecturer in real property matters, he has taught real estate law, basic title searching, foreclosure and short sale classes as an adjunct faculty member of Manchester Community College and Naugatuck Valley Community College and professional courses offered by CT Realtors® and the National Association of Realtors®.
A resident of Bristol, Connecticut, he volunteers at Gaylord Hospital and assists with the Connecticut Jammers Wheelchair Rugby Team, a team of quadriplegic athletes that compete in the Northeast division of the U.S. Quad Rugby Association.
Areas of Practice
- Commercial and Residential Transactional Matters
- Real Estate Litigation
- Business Formation and Acquisition
- Wills and Probate
- Adjunct Faculty Member, Real estate law, Basic title searching, Foreclosure and Short sale classes, Manchester Community College
- Adjunct Faculty Member, real estate law, basic title searching, foreclosure and short sale classes, Naugatuck Valley Community College
- Adjunct Faculty Member, foreclosure and short sale, GRI course offered by CT Realtors®
- Approved Instructor, National Association of Realtors Short Sale Course
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Connecticut Bar Association Real Property Section, Executive Committee, Emeritus Member and Past Chair
- Connecticut Bar Association, Standardized Contract Subcommittee, Member
- Connecticut Bar Association, Residential Specialization Subcommittee, Member
- American College of Mortgage Attorneys, Fellow
- Recipient, Connecticut Citizen of the Law Award